About the Foundation
The Evergreen Park Public Library Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to enhancing the quality and scope of the Library's resources. We accomplish our mission through fundraising, advocacy, and memorable events that draw people together to celebrate community and share an appreciation for the Library and its works. Public funding can only go so far. The Foundation was established in 2003 to solicit diversified support to supplement property tax-based funding for library programs, community outreach services, materials, technology, and capital improvements. The Foundation Board is comprised of community members from the private and public sector who donate their time and expertise to accomplish the Foundation’s goals. Evergreen Park Public Library and the Foundation work together to determine where private funds will have the greatest impact.
Through private donations, Evergreen Park Public Library has been able to offer programs and services and to pursue capital projects that would not be possible otherwise.
Following is a list of some of the projects the Foundation has funded:
- A quiet reading room with a fireplace.
- The free, community-wide summer reading program.
- "Evergreen Reads" community-wide reading event.
- A 75-gallon freshwater aquarium in the Children’s Department.
- Author visits by internationally known, best-selling authors.
- Collaborative community art projects.
- The Books-by-Mail delivery program to homebound residents.
- The StoryWalk at Yukich Fields, 8900 S Kedzie.
- The Children's Program Room refurbishment and play tables.
- The "Trike-a-Delic Rider" book bike.
These projects wouldn’t be possible without an active community of dedicated supporters.
Kate Bradley, Foundation Member
James Busk, Foundation Member
Helen Cuprisin, Foundation Member
Monica Kramer, Vice-President
Deborah Pearson, President
Sarah Powers, Secretary
Laura Shallow, Treasurer
Kari Winge, Foundation Member
Nicki Seidl, Library Director